Assistant Landscape Estimator - Near Maidenhead [Starting at circa £30k]
An award winning Hard & Soft Landscaping company is looking for an Assistant Estimator, who’ll be working
in a company that is expanding and offering exciting growth over the next few years. This is an opportunity to join
our Estimating team at our head office near Maidenhead.
The ideal candidate will be assisting the Senior Estimator in preparing and submitting soft and hard landscaping tenders
and will have a professional and proactive approach. You will be an effective communicator and be willing to learn
new skills in tender preparation.
This role would suit a candidate with experience in a similar role with the ability to take ownership of their
day to day responsibilities.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- You will accurately measure PDF drawings using software such as Bluebeam, produce tender documents for pricing purposes,
- which reflect the requirements of the client in accordance with specifications.
- Price detailed soft and hard landscaping bills of quantities ready for submittal.
- Identifying areas of risk during the tender process and present them to the Senior Estimator and Managing Director.
- Attend Site visits and tender meetings with clients as required.
- Updating the tender register with new enquires and keeping records up to date.
- Chasing clients for updates on our bid submissions.
- Maintaining strong and professional working relationships with existing clients and helping to build new relationships with new clients.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to Degree/OND/HND or similar in construction, quantity surveying, hard or soft landscape construction, Horticulture is desirable.
- Experience in preparing and submitting Soft/Hard Landscaping or groundwork tenders.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and basic IT skills are essential.
- Good organisational skills and time management to help meet tender deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Full Clean driving license.
Job Type: Full-time