Exciting new role in one of the UKs leading green services providers; this company leads the way in the Landscaping / Grounds Maintenance / Tree & Woodlands Care & Estate Management.
South Hertfordshire - Sales Person Salary £28-30K DOE
This role will be an integral part of our business development and sales function, based at our South Herts offices. The objective of the role is to assist in the securing of business opportunities for existing and new clients and to help grow the revenue of the various clients that we engage with, profitably.
The successful candidate will drive the pricing and compiling of proposals to win new business and retain existing contracts. The role offers opportunities for an individual to enhance existing and develop new skills, whilst contributing to the company’s growth and success.
Reporting directly to the Contract Manager whilst working closely with the operations team the candidate will be required to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and have experience in receiving, reviewing and estimating tenders. Training on in-house systems will be provided.
Key responsibilities of the role will be to:
● Pricing tenders in accordance with company policy.
● Preparation of written submissions accompanying tenders professionally and to timescale.
● Ensure the accurate and timely completion of tender submissions.
● Preparing and presenting tender information to the General Manager, and / or Regional Director
● Lead Generation of new customers
● Quoting works and chasing responses
● Assist in the preparation for pre and post tender interviews in order to deliver high quality and relevant presentations on behalf of the company
● Assist in identifying suitable tendering opportunities for the Company to pursue.
● Assist in identifying opportunities within existing businesses, and work to secure long term extensions.
● Undertake necessary research and communicate with General/Contract Managers and operational staff to obtain all necessary information required to submit tenders.
● Establish knowledge of the company’s key markets and competitors, and carry out market research projects in order to maintain this knowledge base.
● Ensure the business’s record keeping with respect to its tenders and contracts is kept up to date.
● Assist in the programming of new jobs
● Undertake site measurement and mapping to support GIS and work programming